February 11, 2010

I'm Bossy

Anyone that really knows me knows that I am bossy. I don't really have a problem with that. Instead of seeing it as a negative thing, I like to say that I like to take charge, and have things done my way. Which is usually the right way. I am surrounded by bossy women, whether it be family, co-workers, clients, whatever. Most of the time, I don't think of bossy women as anything to blink twice about. Until I am reminded that there are still chauvinistic bastards that can't handle a woman that takes charge.

Today, at an event I was in charge of, I corrected someone, and let them know the way that I wanted it to be done. The way that makes things more efficient. I joked that I wasn't taking any crap today, and while three of the dudes around me laughed and said "you tell us what you want done, and we've got it, " one said, quite sassily, "did you need me to get you some chocolate?"

That pissed me off. I hate the assumption that the reason I am being bossy is because I am PMSing. Not only is it not the case, but if it was... is that REALLY something you say to someone? And the kicker... it came from one of the bitchiest, whiniest, most negative people I get to spend time with.

Every once in awhile, when I get pushed into the "way back time machine," and get to deal with someone still living in 1975, I just have to laugh it off. Bitch about it first. But then laugh it off. Because at the end of the day, he gets to have sex with a frumpy wife. ;)

No comments: