August 6, 2009

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.


John Hughes was responsible for creating some of my favorite movies (that I constantly quote): 16 Candles and Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Breakfast Club. I was SURE I was going to marry Jake Ryan, I felt Ferris's pain about never having a car, and every time I hear and 80's song-I dance like Molly Ringwald did in the bookshelf in the Breakfast Club.

Thank you John, for giving me years of laughs and wonderful memories.

Not able to embed- but one of my favorite Breakfast Club scenes.


Feel free to post your favorite quotes.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Claire Standish: What's your name?
John Bender: What's yours?
Claire Standish: Claire.
John Bender: Claire?
Claire Standish: Claire. It's a family name.
John Bender: No, it's a fat girl's name.
Claire Standish: Oh, thank you.
John Bender: You're welcome.
Claire Standish: I'm not fat.
John Bender: Well not at present, but I can see you really pushing maximum density. See I'm not sure if you know this, but there are two kinds of fat people: there's fat people that were born to be fat, and there's fat people that were once thin but became fat... so when you look at 'em you can sorta see that thin person inside. You see, you're gonna get married, you're gonna squeeze out a few puppies and then, uh...